Today's Today's Objectives
Today's Pre-Starter Logistics
1. Turn in your signed syllabus, shared classroom materials and "I'm more than just a pretty face"
2. Bookmark these two websites:
3. Join my google classroom!
4. Open the first assignment, read it, and follow the instructions. Ask Ashley if you have any questions or confusions.
5. If you're done early, write me a funny/thoughtful/though-provoking message. Feel free to link pictures or videos that you think will make me leap for joy.
1. Quickly review our first project: "Lives Streaming: Voices from the Animas"
2. Finish thegroup brainstorm we started on Friday in small groups!
3. Whole class activity: Analyzing perspective v. bias in Dan Olson's commentary on the #AnimasRiverSpill
4. What is StoryCorps' mission? Let's listen to an example StoryCorps podcast!
5. Classroom layout orientation:
6. This Week's Homework (See Homework/calendar tab!) and Ticket out the door (complete this survey)
Did you guys get an invite to join my "google classroom"? Please accept that invite! I am going to try using it for assignments this year. We'll see how it goes....
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Why or why not?
The Death Penalty is a morally justifiable practice in this country
1. 4 Corners on the Starter
2. Create class charter (did anything come up during our 4 Corners that our charter seeks to address?)
3.Introduction to Ashley's Humanities 11
4. Project Drop: "Voices from the Animas" Project Intro
5 Begin Group Brainstorm Activity (we'll finish this Monday)
6. Intro to Honors and Honors Application overview (See "Honors" page under the "Projects" tab on my DP)
1. Share your starter response with a partner
3. Read and discuss "The Function of Education" by Krishnamurti
4. Small group discussion
5. Whole group discussion and class charter creation
6. Class Charter
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School