Essential Question: What is the individual's role in creating a just society?
Review Dr. King's letter
1. Class Seminar on on Dr. King's Letters
SEMINAR RUBRIC (just to review, this is not graded)
2. Go over the Morality and Politics of Justice Project Syllabus and Example Student Project Reflection
3. Respond to this quote from the first page of The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail:
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured, or far away"
4. Ashley's PPT introduction of The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail
5. Read pages v-vi and go over the list of characters in the play and stage directions (METACOGNITION SPIEL FROM ASHLEY)
6. Assign student roles and read aloud pages 1-14
Reading Schedule and Annotation Instructions for TNTSJ
Homework See the Homework/Calendar page!
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School