Wednesday, September 25th
Goals for the day:
1. Be able to define rhetoric and give examples of rhetorical discourse.
2. Understand and apply the three main "vertices" of the Rhetorical Triangle.
Think about the last time someone persuaded you to do something, buy something, or believe something. What did that person do that was convincing?
Think of the last time you persuaded someone. How did you convince your “audience”?
1. TIB Reading
3. In pairs: Brainstorm all of the ways that you interact with persuasion in your lives, both as persuader and persuaded.
4. Mini-lesson powerpoint (slides 1-20 only) Rhetoric: "The Art of Persuasion"
5. Analyze the rhetoric of animashighschool.com
6. American Justice Ideology group activity (Security, Liberty, Equality)
7. If time, introduction to Stop and Frisk
a. What is it? How do Security, Liberty and Equality conflict in this issue?
b. What was the Supreme Court's recent ruling?
c. Two videos:
Leave a Reply.
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School