Wednesday, September 18th
Watch the first minute of the trailer on the 1995 film version of Vonnegut's 1961 short story, "Harrison Bergeron". Choose one of the following prompts to respond to:
1. Discuss starter
2. What are potential problems with Material Equality?
Formal equality v. Material Equality definitions (Watch the first 1:30 of the video)
3. Read the explanation and first 2 paragraphs of the Declaration of Independence. What does it mean when we say that “all men are created equal” or that they are all “endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights” ?
4. Read Kurt Vonnegut's short story "Harrison Bergeron" and jot down notes to the "discussion questions" at the end of the story
5. Seminar on discussion questions (your choice: small groups or whole class?)
6. Time to work on Skitessons
Leave a Reply.
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School