Wednesday, February 26th
Starter: Read today's objectives and chat with a partner about the two bullet point questions:
1. Finish your essay, print it out and staple it to your 2 peer critique forms
2. Begin to formulate your own response to our Happiness and Meaning project essential questions, because education is life and life is education as Krishnamurti explains in Think on these Things:
"...is it the function of education to prepare us while we are young to understand the whole process of life? Having a job and earning one's livelihood is necessary, but is that all? Are we being educated only for that? Surely, life is not merely a job, an occupation; life is something extraordinarily wide and profound, it is a great mystery, a vast realm in which we function as human beings. If we merely prepare ourselves to earn a livelihood, we shall miss the whole point of life; and to understand life is much more important than merely to prepare for examinations..." (Krishnamurti 2).
1. Read and discuss "The Function of Education" by Krishnamurti
2. Watch Watsky's "Tiny Glowing Screens Pt 2" video
3. Go over Personal Philosophy Project Proposal guidelines
4. Work time options
Leave a Reply.
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School