1. Please have your draft of interview questions out for me to check for completion grade!
2. 10 minute free write! Pick up where you left off from last week's free write or start from scratch.
For the next 10 minutes, just write. You start by writing about the physical space right here and now and everything you can hear/feel/see/smell/touch. Then perhaps bring it to the emotional level: how you are feeling, what's weighing on your mind, how school is going, what you're looking forward to this weekend, etc....
OR write more creatively! What's a story that seems to want to be told? Maybe use the picture above as inspiration for a story.
1. Short video on Silverton history (2 min. 29 sec) + Quick review of two news updates on the #AnimasRiverSpill: "Navajo Nation Says Relief Water Sent by EPA was Toxic" and Congressional Hearing on the EPA + Live footage of Congressional hearing- it's gripping stuff folks!!
2. Interview Questions Peer Critique
3. Refine interview questions!
4. Schedule your interview: Interview assignments
5. Research our driving questions on the #AnimasRiverSpill
6. Class list of awesome interview questions! + Q and A for Ashley: What clarifying questions do you have about the podcast assignment? About tomorrow's field trip? About your interview questions? (10:12 am)
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School