Incorporate narrative coherence, communal relevant, authentic voice, literary devices and a good lead into your essay!
Pop quiz on narrative coherence, communal relevance and authentic voice
1. Check out the RUBRIC
Good Resource: Lori's Amazing List of Literary Techniques
2. Group Critique of Published Essays
For both essays, discuss the author’s approach to the assignment. Answer the following in your groups:
1. What is the author’s core belief?
2. How did the author use story to illuminate their belief? What elements of good storytelling did they incorporate? Does the whole piece work together in one unified voice? (narrative coherence)
3. How does the author establish his/her unique personality through the assignment? Which sections of the essay strike readers as truthful, either intellectually or emotionally? (authentic voice)
4. “So what?” How does the author connect to the human community? (communal relevance)
James Michener, "All Men are my Brothers"
"The Cultivation of Belief"
3. Create Edmodo Accounts and download and save edmodo rubric on your desktop
Username: Your email address name ex: ashleyhumanities11
Password: Your email address password
4. Post your credo to edmodo and react to your classmates credos!
5. Essay work time
Sign up for a conference on the white board and I'll come around to check-in!
Finish and PRINT a draft of your TIB Essay for tomorrow's peer critique
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School