Starter #18: Read the project guidelines for our Happiness and Meaning project and write down any clarifying questions/confusions you have OR if you think you get it, write down a few ideas you might have or react to the assignment-- are you excited about this assignment? Why or why not?
This week's homework:
1. Make-up lit circle work for partial credit IF this applies to you (DUE Friday, B.O.C)
2. Also by Friday, B.O.C: Extending Science, Religion, Happiness, Meaning TED Talk Exploration Are You There God? Playlist
Explore 2-3 different talks (depending on length) ONE should be from the "Are you there God" playlist and one can be from the list at the end of today's blog)
IN STARTER DOCS, for each talk:
3. Optional: Get a jumpstart on brainstorming your Happiness and Meaning final project
1. Go over the required note-taking form for Happy
2. Watch Happy and take notes
HAPPY is an award-winning, feature-length documentary that takes us on a journey from the swamps of Louisiana to the slums of Kolkata in search of what really makes people happy. Combining real life stories of people from around the world and powerful interviews with the leading scientists in happiness research, HAPPY brings to life the science and application of the film’s themes.
3. Discuss the film
Additional TED Talks related to Happiness and Meaning for this week's homework
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School