1. Do you know any of the Amendments or Propositions that we get to vote on for this November's Colorado voting ballot? Which one(s) do you know?
1. In small groups, examine the gobbledygook of the language used to describe the two Amendments and two Propositions on this year's ballot
Sample Colorado Ballot (page 2)
A. Read your assigned bill (Amendment 67, 68 or Prop. 104 or 105)
B. Summarize the bill in your own words
C. What words or phrasing confuses you or seems unclear?
2. Spokesperson present your bill to the class
3. Read the Durango Herald article about ballot wording debate:
3. Work on your visual piece!
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School