1.Do you believe that your achievements in life are due exclusively to your hard work alone and within your control? Why or why not?
2. According to philosopher John Rawls, it’s not fair if the children of poor parents have much lower prospects in life than the children of rich parents simply because of the family they were born into; therefore, steep inheritance taxes are justified.
That means that those who were born to rich parents should pay a tax to help the government redistribute their wealth to those who are not?
Do you agree? Why or why not?
1. Discuss starter and this quote that explains Rawls' "Difference Principle"
"Those who have been favored by nature may gain from their fortune only on terms that improve the situation of those who have lost out"
2. Class 5/6: Go over Morality and Politics of Justice project explanation
3. Study group on chapter 6
4. Ashley's powerpoint on Deontology
5. Journal #1(b): Reaction to THIS ARTICLE "The Government is Literally Going to Make America Stupid by Starving the Poor":
6. Time to read pages 103-124 of Chapter 5
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School