o What is the individual’s role in creating a just society?
o What is Civil Disobedience?
o What did Thoreau believe in and was he justified in his actions? Do you agree with his beliefs and actions?
1. Return from a long weekend pep talk! + Video: Jose or Joe- Who gets the job? (Thanks to Mila for sharing!)
3. Discuss your starter responses and then Review Dr. King's "Letter from a Birmingham Jail" (What distinguishes between a just and unjust law?)
4. Respond to this quote from the first page of The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail:
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured, or far away"
5. Ashley's PPT introduction of The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail
6. Go over the homework for Thursday and time to read Mexican American War primary source documents
1. Read the two primary source documents on the Mexican-American War and complete the Historical Thinking Skills chart by THURSDAY at the beginning of class. I'd recommend annotating these articles as well as you will use these in our final seminar on TNTSJ next week.
Honors: Essay Application due September 8th
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School