Goal: Dial your thesis statement and select evidence to fit with specific paragraphs within your op-ed article to support your thesis.
1. Based on the research you’ve done, what new opinions or perspectives do you have about your topic? List at least 3
2. What do you think is the most important thing you can communicate to other people about your topic? - OR - Why should other people care about this?
1. Thesis Statement Mini Lesson
2. Thesis Statement Drafting
Write 3 possible thesis statements for your Op-Ed piece. These could be variations on a theme (i.e., similar ideas, but worded differently, or three different ideas).
3. Thesis Critiques
4. Work Time: Draft op-ed article, continue gathering evidence
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School