Tuesday, October 7th
1. Read the handout on Some Logical Fallacies.
2. Pick one of the fallacies and write your own example
1. Logical Fallacies powerpoint
2. Explain Journal #7 requirements and pass out the article
3. Work Time:
Journal #6: Opposing Viewpoint Analysis form (page 2 only)
Journal #7: Read/annotate "Doublespeak" by William Lutz and do the following three things:
1. Identify the thesis (main argument) of the article
2. Define the key terms (euphemism, jargon, gobbledygook, inflated language).
3. Write a paragraph reacting to the article. What are the key takeaways from this article for you? How will this inform your research, consumption of media, the way you listen to and respond to rhetoric, etc…?
Leave a Reply.
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School