EXTRA CREDIT!! For two points, by Tuesday morning at 8:15, send me an inspirational quote by a famous civil rights leader or author/poet.
Goal: Develop a basic understanding of our government’s system of checks and balances and what the president’s powers during wartime are.
1. Read this short article about walking Congressman from The Onion
2. Respond to this question in your starters: How is our government set-up in opposition to a MONARCHY to make sure that one person or group doesn’t hold all the power?
1. Preview video questions
2. Constitution video and discussion on how our 3 branches are organized
3. How the electoral college works- short video explanation (see youtube video below)
4. Presidential Powers during wartime activity
Homework: We will have a quiz on pages 1-94 (Chapters 1-7) in Snow Falling on Cedars tomorrow!
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School