Tuesday, May 3rd
Starter (on a notecard!)
Read the bit about similes and meataphors on the handout on elements of nature writing (pages 3 and 4 this time on the online version).
On the notecard I give you in class, do the following:
1. Write your name at the top.
2. Write a simile or metaphor that works to change the reader's perspective on something, ideally that you are or will be describing in your own sense of place essay.
3. Do you have questions/confusions about any of the following:
POWERPOINT ON NATURE WRITING: Helpful additional source if you need it.
1. How to structure a personal essay:
2. Past Student Examples Critique
In your google doc of starters....
Select one of the student examples listed below to read and as you do, jot down notes in your starters that answer these questions:
PAST STUDENT EXAMPLES
3. Work time! Brainstorm, begin writing, conference with Ashley, conference with classmates, journal, etc....
**If you're writing a poem and want to watch an example of a poem with a clear environmental ethic, check this one out: "Dear Future Generations: Sorry" by Prince Ea
Leave a Reply.
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School