1. VISUAL PIECE for exhibition: If you haven't already, open the assignment I emailed you in GOOGLE CLASSROOM to send me a copy of your visual piece. Attach the file and send it to me VIA that GOOGLE CLASSROOM assignment. If you are reading your Happiness and Meaning philosophy, you need to send me your visual piece for that. If you are reading your Sense of Place essay, send me an image that best captures your sense of place or the main idea of your writing piece.
2. WRITING SKILLZ: Review the folder of writing issue mini-lessons: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2QC-culCKvHQjF6cjk4cktwUzA&usp=sharing&tid=0B2QC-culCKvHZ0psLXdPZ1ZkZkk
3. Have you written your abstract for your sense of place piece yet? It's pretty simple and should be a paragraph at the top of your paper....
Directions for the Abstract:
Your essay must include an abstract that explains how you are defining sense of place according to the categories of sense of place (what type of relationship and/or community attachment do you show in the essay) and what your environmental ethic is. Your abstract should include a quote from your essay that best shows both of these components.
1. Ashley gives an overview of the plan for exhibition set-up and seeks volunteers for the following roles (5 minutes)
2. Design team meet to create your vision for exhibition (10-? minutes)
3. Rehearse your reading for Exhibition (30 minutes)
4. Sense of Place Writing Work Time (rest of class time)
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School