Deconstruct Camus's philosophy of The Absurd and other elements of existentialism as they appear in The Stranger.
Starter: Desert Sun Friday Show Video
Journal #4: Response to key passage in The Stranger
Near the end of the novel, the Chaplain asks Meursault, “Have you no hope at all? And do you really live with the thought that when you die, you die and nothing remains?”(117). How would you respond to this question?
1. Ashley finishes Existentialism Powerpoint presentation (Alienation and Authenticity)
2. Class discussion on The Stranger
3. Group Seminar Prep Work Time
4. Time to read short stories that are due on Friday
5. Remind Ashley to pass back mock trial research/prep grades!
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School