Review your team's checklist for turning stuff in. What questions or concerns do you have for me?
LAWYERS-- have your team's note taker enter your team's evidence into THIS GOOGLE SPREADSHEET
Lawyers and Witnesses
1. Meet as a team to discuss your final Theory of Case and how each witness fits into that. COMPLETE THIS TEMPLATE (Make a copy of it first then share it with your entire team AND Ashley).
2. REMINDER: When you turn in your direct and cross exam questions, you must also include "Evidence Summary"
Evidence summary (Lawyers and Witnesses!)
- Title of evidence
- Link to evidence
- Brief summary of the piece of evidence (What is it?)
- Most important lines/passage (ok to copy and paste)
- How this evidence helps your case
- How this evidence might hurt your case (if it does not hurt your case and you’re certain of that, write n/a)
3. Now get to work on your written components.
4. Practice Q and A with witnesses if time today
1. Review the evidence the other team plans to use for your cross-examination and formulate cross-ex questions based on that! It should be in THIS GOOGLE SPREADSHEET once lawyers have entered it today.
2. Keep working on direct and cross-examination questions. Please type them up for me with the evidence summary included for both witnesses!
b. Did the one dissenting juror believe that the defendant was guilty, did he think the man was innocent, or did he concern himself with these thoughts at all?
c. Do you think that the dissenting juror planned to try to convince the others of his opinion all along? What were his methods of persuasion?
d. Do you think that the jurors thought that the boy had killed his father? Should they have voted to convict if they held that belief?
e. How would you have voted in this case? Why?
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School