Understand how to write a literary analysis essay
1. Go over your questions about the literary analysis essay and resources therein.
2. Silently read and annotate the student example on page 2 and 3, then discuss these questions with a partner:
3. As a class, Read aloud pages 4 and 5 + Practice writing a thesis statement.
4. Begin to brainstorm and outline your essay
5. 2nd period: Guest Speaker
Dr. Sarah Roberts-Cady, Professor of Philosophy at Fort Lewis College
B.A. Linfield College (1994), Ph.D. Purdue University (2000)
Interests: Social & Political Philosophy, Ethics, Feminist Philosophy, History of Philosophy
5. 6th Period: Make up work you missed during your 2nd period class today!
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School