1. Contemplate how past experiences influence one's perspective
2. Understand Ashley's class policies and expectations
Starter # 2- Address the following prompts with regards to the statement in italics below (15 min)
The Death Penalty is a morally justifiable practice in this country
Do you agree or disagree with the above statement? What EVIDENCE supports your position? Which of your past experiences do you think have influenced your perspective on this issue?
1. If you were absent yesterday, check my DP blog post. Always your responsibility to check my DP and make up any work you can before asking me. (Missed class + late work policy reminders)
2. Tomorrow's homework reminder
3. Thursday's Honors Lunch meeting reminder
4. Ashley's brief orientation of classroom layout
5. Bring tea!
6. Don't forget your shared resource-- please bring by the END of this week. See the syllabus for your contribution.
1. 4 Corners on the Starter
2. Reflection share-out and takeaways
3. Complete class charter (did anything come up during our 4 Corners that our charter seeks to or should address?)
Yesterday we talked about what we value as a class. Today, we’ll make it a little more concrete.
4. Course Syllabus and Introduction to Ashley's Humanities 11 Course (Homework for tomorrow is to read this thoroughly and have your parents sign it!)
5. Ashley's DP Orientation
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School