Thursday, September 26th
Essential Question: How should the government balance security, liberty and equality in creating a just society?
1. Learn what visual rhetoric is and identify Aristotelian appeals in the media
2. Understand the requirements for the Stop and Frisk seminar
STARTER: Respond to this rhetoric in at least 150 words.
Questions to spur your thinking: What ideologies do you hear articulated in this video? What is your reaction to the main speaker’s rhetoric? What elements of his speech are persuasive? What pieces of evidence does he use? What PATHOS- emotional appeals—does he make? Overall, are you moved by his speech?
1. Visual Rhetoric and Aristotelian Appeals Powerpoint (slides 20-40)
*TRANSITION to Stop and Frisk Seminar Assignment*
2. Edmodo blog: Are police supposed to protect our safety by being proactive, or react only after something terrible has happened? Use an example to support your position
3. Discuss freewrites
4. What is the U.S. Constitution? What are the 4th and 14th Amendments? BRIEF Powerpoint
5. Introduction to Stop and Frisk and next Tuesday's Seminar
6. Concessive Thesis Review and practice
Leave a Reply.
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School