1. Honors meeting on Thursday at lunch (does this work for y'all?)
2. Go over the Morality and Politics of Justice project deadlines (class schedule for next 3 weeks)
3. Ashley's note on REFINEMENT And BEAUTIFUL WORK expectations for op-eds and visual pieces.
4. Super Helpful: Document with all op-ed resources in one place!
5. Hard deadline for op-ed drafts is today!! I won't accept any more drafts for feedback after today except for during in-class conferences.
1. Mini-lesson on political campaign visual pieces
A) Look at the student example political campaign posters (below) and answer these questions for each one:
B) Watch the video example and read artist statement: http://hannajuniordp.weebly.com/humanities.html
2. Take notes on the Visual Rhetoric Powerpoint (slides 54-end)
3. Go over Part 2 project checklists (page 3)
4. PART 2, Option 2 project brainstorm!
Guiding question: What are possible ways you/your classmates could contribute to a more just society?
5. Honing YOUR project idea
If you are going to do Option #1: Political campaign visual piece:
If you are going to do Option #2:
6. Work Time Options
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School