Starter #16: Respond to the following quote.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured, or far away“ - Henry David Thoreau
Today's Driving Questions
1. Review: "A Letter from a Birmingham Jail"
With a partner, review the three ways Dr. King distinguishes between a just and unjust law and then translate each of them into "Durango speak".
2. Finish our seminar
3. Ashley's PPT introduction of The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail
4. Go over the structure of the play (how does time work?)
5. Assign student roles and Read pp 3-14 aloud
6. Go over the Annotation instructions for TNTSJ
7. Silently read and annotate pages 14-40
8. Homework due by Monday
1. Read the two primary source documents on the Mexican-American War and complete the Historical Thinking Skills chart by MONDAY at the beginning of class. I'd recommend annotating these articles as well as you will use these in our final seminar on TNTSJ next week.
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School