1st half of class: Project work time (or last minute prep for book club meeting!)
2nd half of class: Book club meeting #1
Book Club Meeting Protocol
Tale for The Time Being
8. What is Old Jiko like? What is the deal with the "elevator"? What is the significance of Ruth's dream on paged 38-40?
9. What is the Japanese concept of suicide and how does Nao's dad claim it is different than that of the United States? (87-88).
10. What is up with the crows? 55, 96
11. Do you believe in Karma? (Read page 52).
12. What is Nao's schooling like? What is your reaction to her experiences?
Into the Wild
6. Pay attention to the way the author explores the following themes:
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School