Monday, January 5th
1. Welcome back! Take 3-4 minutes to talk about highlights from your break with your neighbors
2. **Journals will work the same way as they did in December for Happiness and Meaning-- starters and journals will be collected together! I'll post all of them in GREEN on my DP so it's easy to find.
Bookmark this link to required journal prompt summaries
3. Journal #1: What do you remember about "the Absurd" and Sisyphus (who was he, why does Camus call him the "absurd hero"?). You may consult your notes if needed.
5. Begin watching Stranger than Fiction (113 minutes)
An IRS auditor (Will Ferrell) suddenly finds himself the subject of narration only he can hear: narration that begins to affect his entire life, from his work, to his love-interest, to his death.
Director: Marc Forster
Writer: Zach Helm
Stars: Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson, Dustin Hoffman
6. Last 15 minutes: Pass out book club books and go over homework/class biz
A. January Happiness and Meaning book club list
B. Grade breakdown for the rest of Happiness and Meaning project:
Read the first 15-20 pages of your book by tomorrow. Time yourself to see how long (without distractions) it takes you to read (minute-per-page-pace).
Leave a Reply.
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School