React to and analyze the film, Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee, to culminate our exploration of Native American history.
1. Discussion/activity about the Grand Jury's decision in Ferguson, MO
2. Homework/Schedule for the week
3. Review the Battle of Little Bighorn and the conflict between the Sioux Nation and the U.S. government: What do you remember?
4. Ashley provides some context on the film (see the end of today's post)
5. Begin Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee and take notes for the.....
LAST JOURNAL ASSIGNMENT!
Write a critical reaction to the film (Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee) that includes a solid two paragraph response (min. 5 sentences per paragraph):
Paragraph #1: Emotional Reactions
What emotions did this film evoke for you and which specific scene(s) caused those reactions the most?
Paragraph #2: Critical Thought
Where did you see bias? In what way(s) do you question the perspective or evidence? This could either be critique of the filmmakers OR critique of one or more characters in the film.
Context on the film
Leave a Reply.
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School