1. Turn in your seminar reflection!
2. Ashley to define what "partisan" means
3. Read this list of Causes of Partisan Perceptions then answer the following prompt:
1. Discuss starter
2. Transition to "Implicit BIAS"......
We'll be diving more into ideology and rhetoric tomorrow-- both of which can play into causing bias...so let's dig into bias a bit more as it relates to the racism we've seen highlighted in the Charlottesville protests.
Key Terms for today
3. Implicit Bias Test and Reflection (Follow the bullet points steps to complete this activity)
4. Discuss the Implicit Bias Assessment and then let's hear more implicit bias in the following podcast...
5. Listen to Hidden Brain podcast entitled, "The 'Thumbprint Of The Culture': Implicit Bias And Police Shootings" (38 minutes)
Follow along with the transcript and try to annotate to help you answer the following discussion questions about the podcast:
6. Time to begin the homework DUE THURSDAY, beginning of class:
HONORS- we'll discuss the Zinn reading at the end of class today-- if we run out of time, we'll discuss it during work time tomorrow.
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School