Starter 7: What makes a good interview?
REMINDER: Honors Application due Tuesday!
1. StoryCorps Founder TED Talk
2. Pair Share: What new understanding did this TED Talk provide you about why we are doing storycorps interviews, how they should be conducted and what the benefits of them are?
3. Review perspectives for our "Voices from the Animas" interview (see survey below)
4. “Vote” on which perspective you want to interview
5. StoryCorpsInterview Guidelines and List of Great Questions
6. Jessica and Ashley to model mock interview!
Jessica's Daily Affirmation to help us transition into awkward mock interviews!
1. Class criteria brainstorm for what makes a good StoryCorps Interview + 10 Conversation Tips for a Great Interview
2. Get into partners (who has a smart phone?) and Pick the questions you'd like your interviewer to ask you (highlight them on the list of great questions document)
3. Mock Interview Practice
4. Reflection in your starter digital compbook:
5. Ashley to share thoughts on y'all's feedback from yesterday's ticket out the door
6. End with appreciations
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School