Starter: POP QUIZ!
This quiz is not graded. It is just a chance to see how you are doing with retaining information from our reading and discussion.
1. Go over quiz answers
2. Ashley's ppt on Transcendentalism + Definition of Juxtaposition
Juxtaposition is a literary technique in which two or more ideas, places, characters and their actions are placed side by side in a narrative or a poem for the purpose of developing comparisons and contrasts.
3. OUTSIDE: Act out pp 3-14 of TNTSJ
4. Silently read and annotate pages 14-40 (30 minutes)
5. Discuss what you've read so far: Ah ha! Say what? I wonder......
6. Time to read Homework due by Monday
Read the two primary source documents on the Mexican-American War and complete the Historical Thinking Skills chart by MONDAY at the beginning of class. I'd recommend annotating these articles as well as you will use these in our final seminar on TNTSJ next week.
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School