Formulate an opinion on the significance of one theme in the novel in order to prepare for the final seminar AND become more insightful and introspective individuals who can discuss the meaning of life with the best of the hipsters.
Starter: Take this survey for STAC about the dress code.
1. Seminar Make up Instructions (if you were absent yesterday OR don't like your grade)
Good resource for sources: http://encyclopedia.densho.org/
2. Go over instructions for the Theme Response Group Activity
3. Re-read page 169 and make a list of themes from that page and the novel in general.
4. Divide into groups of 3-4 students (one student per group must have read through chapter 22). Assign one theme per group.
5. Elect a group leader and begin working!
6. Appreciations and Thanksgiving Plans! Hooray!
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School