1. Lit Circle Meeting Time
RESOURCES for your LIT Circle Books
2. Self-Evaluation: Fill out the survey below
**TRANSITION To Whole Class Lesson of the Day**
Starter: Discuss with a partner: What does the following quote mean to you?
"...is it the function of education to prepare us while we are young to understand the whole process of life? Having a job and earning one's livelihood is necessary, but is that all? Are we being educated only for that? Surely, life is not merely a job, an occupation; life is something extraordinarily wide and profound, it is a great mystery, a vast realm in which we function as human beings. If we merely prepare ourselves to earn a livelihood, we shall miss the whole point of life; and to understand life is much more important than merely to prepare for examinations..." (Krishnamurti 2).
1. JOURNAL #3: "The Function of Education" by Krishnamurti
2. Class discussion on the reading
3. Watch Slam Poem: "Somewhere in America"
4. If time, video on "SpaceTime" or Ted Talk on "The Paradox of Choice"
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School