Friday, January 17th
1. Explore the difference between happiness and meaning and take a stand on which you think is more important based on this article's definition of happiness v. meaning
2. Understand basic idea of Existentialism, Albert Camus' concept of "The Absurd" and how these ideas showed up in the film, Stranger than Fiction.
Starter/Journal Prompt #3: Read and summarize the findings in the article, entitled "Stanford research: The meaningful life is a road worth traveling"
1. 4 corners:
2. Listen to an excerpt from this Radiolab podcast on "Bliss" (first 5 minutes, 40 seconds) and watch the youtube video of Aleksander Gamme's blissful cache discover
3. Partner chat: Have you ever been this happy? What do you think is the relationship between this guy’s happiness and his pursuit of a meaningful life?
4. Existentialism Powerpoint presentation and connections to Stranger than Fiction
5. Ashley's introduction to our next book: The Stranger, by Albert Camus
Leave a Reply.
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School