Starter: React to this Ted Talk:
To what extent does your educational experience allow you to practice happiness? What can you change in YOURSELF to increase your happiness and what changes would you like to see in your educational experience? What stood out the most from this Ted Talk?
1. Understand key terminology in The Final Report and be able to interpret the text better
2. Get some serious mock trial research done!
1. Get out your copy of the Final report
From the Final Report: Japanese Evacuation From the West Coast
"The Commanding General, during the closing weeks of December, requested that the War Department induce the Department of Justice to take vigorous action along the Pacific Coast. He sought steps looking toward the enforcement of the contraband prohibitions contained in the proclamations and toward the declaration of certain prohibited zones surrounding 'vital installations' along the coast. The Commanding General had become convinced that the military security of the coast required these measures" (page 1).
2. Review which readings are due on Monday:
* Each piece of reading should have 2-3 quality annotations (comments/questions/connections/emotional reactions, etc…) per page of text. Annotations should be thoughtful and help you better understand the reading or historical context.
Due on Monday, Jan. 6th: Annotated Final Report
3. Mock Trial Research!
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School