1. Study this PC Language Dictionary that Brigid and Lydia created so that we're all on the same page.
2. Pop quiz!
3. Complete the daily log for today's work time objectives!
*Edit from the Veteran Homestead Project is coming to speak to our class next week! She will be sharing her experience working with war veterans and the relationship between veterans and homelessness in La Plata County.
1. Fill out the daily log with your goals for today.
2. Work time/conferences
3. Ticket out the door: Fill out the rest of your daily log with what you achieved today and what else you need to do tomorrow.
Turn and chat: Have you had a chance to interview and test your prototype yet? If so, how did that experience go? What could have been improved about the way you conducted it? If no, when do you plan to do so and who are you interviewing/prototyping with?
1. This Week's Goals
2. Axis is coming Wednesday!
3. Donna Mae will be here to speak to the Event Planning Committee in the afternoon on Thursday.
4. Honors deadlines....Bibliography due tonight at midnight!
5. PEAT (Prejudice Elimination Action Team) would like to invite you all to attend/promote our annual ADL Peer Training (a requirement for our No Place for Hate programming) scheduled for November 8-9 and make a personal invite to our monthly EDI meetings:
1. Empathy Mapping and crafting Point of View statements mini-lesson
2. Craft your interview questions! See the interview question template in your Design Thinking guides (pages 14 and 15). I want to go over everyone's questions! This is to better understand people whom you hope to impact with your project and can be asked during the same session as your prototype test.
3. Work Time-- Expectations: You are using your time fully and in the pursuit of excellent projects.
Please take this survey to help the Gay-Straight Alliance better serve the entire Animas population:
1. Go over the testing protocol, feedback grid and peer eval forms in your Design Thinking guides.
2. Test your prototype with another group/individual! Have them complete the peer eval form in your packets. If you finish before our interviewing workshop, please see work time goals below.
3. @ 11:30/2:00 Interviewing Skills Workshop + draft interview questions and who exactly you will interview and prototype. Schedule interviews as necessary.
Work time and conferences:
Today's goal is to learn the basic idea of Design Thinking as well as more specifically what the purpose of prototyping is and how to do it with your own project!
BTW-- Axis is coming to talk to us on Wednesday of next week!
Honors-- send me your research questions!
Remember-- refined proposals are due Friday! Re-share the doc with me.
1. Intro to Design Thinking and Prototyping (Powerpoint for all our Design Thinking workshops is on my Docs page as is the electronic copy of the guide I'm handing out in class today).
2. Design your prototypes!
3. WORK TIME
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School