Friday class breakfast shindig? Sign up to bring stuff!
How do you feel about the election results? In the wake of this presidential campaign, what are your thoughts about the state of US politics and the future?
Look at the election results from La Plata County + Colorado
Questions on work time priorities? Review the checklist I gave you in class on Monday!
Winter advisory Olympics Prep
THANKSGIVING NEST Planning!
5 minutes to skim back over/review "I don't want to be Right" and your reactions to it.
Discussion on article
Art Piece/Part 4 Peer Critique (hand out in class)
1. Share our the main argument/thesis of the starter reading
2. Review the rubrics for Part 4 and the Checklist for exhibition
3. Work time/conferences
Alright folks, today is the last day this week of project work time in school. You will have all of next week before exhibition, but here are the things you need to get done by then:
What you should be working on today:
Starter: 4 corners on whether or not the U.S. should intervene in Syria and in general if you support the U.S. intervening in humanitarian crises.
Starter 26: Watch Dylan King's video draft
Feedback circle to Dylan
Work time and conferences!
1. I received your feedback on my class. Thank you! Some things that stood out:
2. Re-share your Parts 2 and 3 with me!
3. Sign up for a conference with me for going over your writing
4. Exhibition reminder-- Thur. 11/10 at Durango Joes on College Drive 5:00-6:30 pm
3rd period: We have a guest speaker in the commons. He is an activist and campaign manager whose focus is teaching young people how to work the legislative system and bring about actual change. Topical, no?
4th period: Work Time, see below
Humanities 11 Teacher at Animas High School